All OHZO By J jewellery is made of sterling silver or gold filled. To maintain the best condition of your Silver / Gold-filled jewellery clean with a for-lint-free cloth after use.
Treat your silver well, care for it properly and it will reward you with a long life.
- Clean your silver jewellery with a mild soap and clean running water , allowing the water to bead up, and then patting dry with a soft cloth.
- Store your silver in a cool, dry place. Best would be keep them in a tarnish-preventive bag or wrapped in a soft piece of felt or cloth.
- Recommend to store pieces individually so that they don’t knock together and scratch.
- Do not rub silver with anything other than a polishing cloth. Tissue paper or paper towels can give scratches due to the fibres of products
- Make sure your silver is not exposed to air and light during storage to avoid discoloured
- Don’t wear sterling silver in chlorinated water or when working with household chemicals and if you did please wash as soon as possible with clean water.
To take good care of gold-filled jewellery what you need to aware is easy and simple.
It is very important to aware that what may cause it to tarnish and give it to gold-filled jewellery a good clean is necessary.
Gold filled jewellery is more durable compare to gold plated jewellery but it will discoloured or damaged at different rates depending on how you treat it.
To maintain your Gold-filled jewellery in best condition
- Best to take off your gold filled jewellery at night and before you to prevent damage or break
- If you've been to the gym or at the beach then rinse your gold filled jewellery in warm water and then dry it with the same absorbent soft cloth.
- The chemicals used are harsh and will give serious damage to any of your gold filled jewellery. Strongly recommended to take off before go in to swimming poor or apply the sunscreen, lotion and any chemicals. If you wear it accidentally clean it thoroughly as soon as possible with clean running water
- Getting sweaty at the gym is not advised whilst wearing your jewellery but if you did take off and clean with running water and pat dry with clean cloth.
- Most importantly ...!! Please please avoid your jewellery from the chemicals!! It will be the best way to keep your jewellery in best condition. Put your jewellery on last and take it off first. If you have a day at the beach and your jewellery ends up covered in sunscreen then give clean as soon as possible with recommended above.
Gold-filled is resistant to tarnish and water as the gold layering is relatively thicker. However, gold-filled materials can be discoloured over time and become dull and even tarnish if worn harshly or miss treated, types of chemicals or acidic skin types could also give damage to the surface. Once gold-filled jewellery has ruined it is impossible to turn in back to original condition. It is absolutely necessary to take a good care for your gold-filled jewellery.
Keep the gold-fill jewellery from OHZO to best condition, best would be keep them away from water and harsh chemicals such as lotions, and chemical and specially perfumes. To clean gold-filled jewellery, use a general polish clothes.
All your sterling silver & gold-fill are recommended to be cleaned regularly . Take care when wearing during exercise or heavy activity as it could be deformed.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT GOLD-FILLED JEWELLERY
Read and find more about the gold-filled materials.